Did you know that you can make money online without a degree in Journalism? Well, you can start earning quick cash today if you have reliable internet connection. There are many options you can bank on if you want to make easy money online. Some practices are easy to learn and others involve financial investment.
On the hand, there are ways where you can easily make little cash by doing the simplest of tasks like manual work, commonly known as freelance writing. Writing web content is a surefire way to make money provided you can create quality content, have proper knowledge on keyword research and submitting skills.
Article writing is a great way to earn money and there are many sites you can join for free while others have a monthly subscription fee. oDesk.com is a good site to join if you are newbie looking to polish your skills. However, you need to bear in mind that oDesk is home to freelance writers from different parts of the world. If for instance you live in Germany, you cannot complete with an applicant who is willing to work for less. In other words, you have to browse the ‘’Find work’’ page to look for employers with better rates.
How do I join oDesk?
Signing up is a walk in the park. You will not pay any fees, amazing right? The application process is simple but you have to spend more time on your profile after you become a member to get familiar with the interface and rules.
How Can I Make Money on oDesk?
As a member there are a few things you should observe to ensure you get clients. To become successful on oDesk, you need to:
- Complete your profile and include a photograph of you. Simply scroll the hire tab to see the profiles of other freelancer’s.
- Pitch what you can offer on the objective section. This should be the best sales pitch you can think of.
- On the employment history, list any work experience you have relevant to the job you hope to get.
- SEO expert writing, blogging and creative writing are examples of skills that make you knowledgeable and should be listed in the skills section.
- Take the oDesk readiness test to increase your application quota. You can do more tests to improve your chances of landing gigs.
- You may have to take up low paying job to build your profile. When you get a 5.0 feedback score on several projects, you have a better chance to qualify for better paying gigs.
- Be prepared to take a low or lower paying job for your first oDesk assignment. Your goal is to get good feedback.
- Last but not least, create an eye catching cover letter. Below is an example of a great cover letter.
I would like to work with you in this interesting project. With fast typing speed and good research skills, I believe that I am the right man for the job. Kindly provide more information on the number of articles you need done in a day.
Your name ‘’